When did you start blogging?
- I spent the first half of 2016 becoming an expert in what I wanted to blog about. I worked on finding my blog style, closely observed some of the best in the business, brainstormed ideas for posts, and I did a lot of product exploring. I began designing my website in August of 2016 and, after hours of dedication, CayleyCouture.com went live on November 1st, 2016
What is your educational/professional background?
- I have a bachelor’s degree in Psychology and a master’s degree in Education. I’m currently a Career Development Specialist moonlighting as a beauty blogger! I truly have the best of both worlds and I’m so grateful to have the opportunity to be creative in both my personal and professional life!
So why are you blogging about beauty and accessories?
- While I am very passionate about my professional career and what I’ve studied in college and grad school, my absolute favorite hobbies are playing with makeup, photography, finding fabulous (usually designer) accessories on sale, inspiring/encouraging others, and writing! As you might know from reading my “About Me” section, I wanted to use what I’ve learned to inspire young girls and women! Beauty is only skin deep. Getting dolled up and throwing on an adorable pair of booties is great (and I’ll show you affordable and fun ways to do that) but I’m all about learning to love the person underneath all of that. Because let’s be honest, is there a force more powerful than a woman who owns her style, exudes confidence, spreads kindness and isn’t afraid to rock a red lip? I don’t think so!
How did you come up with the name “Cayley Couture”?
- My first name is Cayley so that was easy. As for “Couture”, as silly as it might seem, “CayleyCouture” has been my social media handle since about 2009! I did go back and forth with different names for this but I thought “Cayley Couture” had a nice little ring to it, I already owned the handle for all of the accounts I’d want to link with my blog, and the definition of couture somewhat embodies parts of my blog!
Is all of that hair yours?
- This is by far the most common question I am asked wherever I go! If only I had a quarter every time someone asked me what kind of extensions I’m wearing… I’d be filthy rich. Yes, it’s all my real hair and I’m naturally blonde although I do get highlights every couple of months to brighten things up. My hair is both a blessing and a curse! I have pretty decent upper arm strength from blow drying and curling it haha! I will be posting all about my hair routine soon!
How do you manage to score designer/prestige beauty items at a discount?
- Well, 2 really important things – TJ Maxx is your best friend and IT’S ALL A WAITING GAME! You can read more about how I NEVER pay retail here!
Where are you from?
- I was born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio! And because it’s such a beautiful city, I’m still here! GO CAVS! #Champions
Who takes your pictures and who designs your flatlays?
- I do! I use either my iPhone 6 or a Nikon D5300 depending on what I’m trying to capture.